Thursday, December 2, 2010

New blog spin-off, also Douglas Adams and HGTTG

I've decided to split my brain into two pieces. Not quite like Zaphod Beeblebrox, who decided to have two brains and then cauterize a section of one so that it wasn't accessible for a particular reason (no spoilers here). But I digress. Ok, here's the point. I want to make a clear delineation between my work related to flying and flight instruction, and the "rest of the story" (homage to Paul Harvey), which is what this blog is. Mostly Useless Information will remain a place where I post anything that I come across that I don't think is worthy of jamming into the news feed of my Facebook friends. My new blog, Flight Instruction Secrets, is where I'm going to make an honest effort to try to give back some of the great tips, tricks, and insights that have been handed down to me by MY flight instructors, in an effort to pay it forward. So, if you missed it the first time- for those of you that are interested in flying, check out my new flying related blog at:

http://flightsecrets.blogspot.com/

Mahalo. 

Oh, one more thing. If you like humorous sci-fi, you must read this book. If you've ever been puzzled by someone answering a question that you've asked with the answer "forty-two, of course", well, this is the origin of that particular meme.

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Please take note that, in this series, Douglas Adams (RIP) wrote five books:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Live, The Universe, and Everything

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Mostly Harmless

All of these books (part of a tongue-in-cheek "five part trilogy") are contained in the amazon link above.

No comments: